welcome to Pekanbaru, Riau, The truly Malay culture of Indonesia.
Things to See in Pekanbaru, – Riau might be not be high on listing of famous places to visit and perhaps, there are many unexplored but it does not mean it has little to be presented. Despite of being one most busy city, The city is not a main tourism destination in Indonesia. If you are visiting the city of Riau for any reason, it has little to offer and interesting places in Pekanbaru.
The 10 Things To See in Pekanbaru
1. The Great Mosque of Pekanbaru, Jl. Masjid Raya
The oldest mosque in Pekanbaru.
2. The Great Mosque of An-Nur, Jl. Syekh Burhanuddin
The largest mosque in Riau.
3. Alam Mayang Park, Jl. Harapan Raya
A prominent recreational spot, fishing, and outbond park.
4. Idrus Tintin Arts Hall Jl. Jend. Sudirman
A great building with Malay and modern architecture.
5. Chinese-Malay Quarter (Kampung Tionghoa Melayu), Jl. Dr. Leimena / Jalan Karet.
The city’s little Chinatown.
6. Soeman H.S. Regional Library, Jl. Jend. Sudirman
The largest library in Sumatra Island.
7. Sang Nila Utama Museum, Jl. Jend. Sudirman No.
The one and only museum in Pekanbaru.
8. Labersa Water Park, Jl. Labersa Parit Indah
This site is located a bit far from the downtown of Pekanbaru.
9. Lembah Sari Reservoir Park,
Popular place to people from other regencies and towns in Riau province.
10. Riau Cultural Park, Jl. Jend. Sudirman, ☎ +62 761 21300. 07.30 – 16.00.
Soak up the arts at the park, the leading venue for art performances and activities.
Things to See in Pekanbaru, – In the old days, the history about Pekanbaru begun from the small village near in the river bank of Siak, called Payung Sekaki. There is uniqueness about this village which was established by the Senapelan tribe but the village itself was known rather than by the founder, Senapelan. In the modern city of Pekanbaru, it is one most cleanest cosmopolitan city in Indonesia. Can you imagine in between old days history comparing in the modern city of Pekanbaru? The only answer, you should visit Pekanbaru with the capital of Riau. Then explore the 10 Things to See in Pekanbaru includes learning about the reigning system as well as when The Sultan Siak IV namely Sultan Abdul Jalil Alamudin Syah reigned.